BaMW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BaMW

Forum for all Brandy & Mr.Whiskers fans!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!)

Go down 
+4
800Yoshi
RicMadness
Admin
Dominus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dominus

What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!) Empty
PostSubject: What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!)   What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 11:19 pm

This was one of my favorite episodes of the series, especially due to Brandy’s reaction as she struggles to pretend to be in love with Gaspar. The fact that Gaspar planned the whole thing was even more hilarious, and even though the Gaspar / Brandy pairing isn’t too popular, it is one of the more entertaining relationships.

This screen-capture is from the episode; it’s the painting that Gaspar convinced the artist to draw. I felt that it was one of the more amusing scenes, especially due to Brandy’s reaction towards it, and I thought I’d post it in this topic for the sake of furthering discussion.

What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!) Brandy--Gaspar

At any rate, did you like this episode?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!)   What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 8:53 am

I certainly did NOT like that episode XP
Everytime DC air the episode I run away and scream. Nightmares.

Maybe because I'm a BXWh maniac. ^w^
Back to top Go down
https://bamw.forumotion.com
RicMadness

PostSubject: Re: What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!)   What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 8:39 am

She looked real pretty in the dress they had her wear in this. It really suited her.

Hmmm .. Just like with the Worst Ep post, I can't be for sure about this 'n, neither, till I watch through all my tapes. It's up there with my fav's, though.

I think they worked out the story for this ep real well. It played off Gaspar's manipulative ways and Brandy's shallowness at the time which leads to a change in the characters, I thought. Seemed as if they were toning down on Gaspar wanting to eat other jungle animals and go more towards making more shiny rocks than others (though ruling the jungle still fit with either trait). Probably was one of the benchmarkers of the series.
Back to top Go down
http://committedtalent.deviantart.com/
Dominus

PostSubject: Re: What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!)   What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 2:09 pm

RicMadness wrote:
Seemed as if they were toning down on Gaspar wanting to eat other jungle animals and go more towards making more shiny rocks than others (though ruling the jungle still fit with either trait). Probably was one of the benchmarkers of the series.
Well, Gaspar did have a great quote about his love of killing.

Gaspar: Visit as long as you like, mother; I’ll have plenty of room for you once I clear the dead things from my dungeon.
Back to top Go down
RicMadness

PostSubject: Re: What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!)   What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 5:42 am

True, but those could've been old dead things he was needing to clear out. Then again, he did try eating "the Easter Bunny" later on, so I guess he's just picking his spots.

I wander, though. If he's willing to eat Brandy at one point or another, why did he go through the trouble of tricking her into dating him? Maybe she looks too sweet to pass up either way? o.O
Back to top Go down
Dominus

PostSubject: Re: What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!)   What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 12:07 pm

RicMadness wrote:
I wander, though. If he's willing to eat Brandy at one point or another, why did he go through the trouble of tricking her into dating him? Maybe she looks too sweet to pass up either way? o.O
Well, this wasn’t the first episode where he was in love with Brandy. In the episode “The Big Game”, Gaspar demanded a date with Brandy if his team won, though Brandy ultimately sent Mr. Whiskers on the date instead of herself. Granted, Gaspar’s pretty much a player. In “Pedigree, Schmedigree” he was with Gabriella, and in another episode, he had three female geckos by this side. Then he covets Brandy in two episodes, which only adds on to his reputation.

I’m sure Gaspar wouldn’t be beneath eating Brandy, though. The Carnivore Club apparently thought she’d be delicious to eat, and Gaspar wanted to join them, so if he had the chance, I’m sure he wouldn’t turn down the opportunity to eat her.
Back to top Go down
RicMadness

PostSubject: Re: What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!)   What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 7:12 am

I wander why, though. Can't he make up his mind if he wants to eat or date her? Seems so messed up to me. I can understand him conning Whiskers (or whoever) to distort money from till he gets a clear shot at eating them or rise over them as their king of the jungle, but the "kiss or eat" concept does seem a lil' whacked. ^O^ Guess a lil' lizard such as himself has natural urges, too. Guess that makes a jungle girl think twice before dumping him: "Either you stay and keep up my player status OR you can be tonight's main course. Mwhahahaha!!"
Back to top Go down
800Yoshi

800Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!)   What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 5:52 pm

That one was probably my favorite episode. As you could probably already tell, because of my avatar. I loved that dress that she wore because she looked so beautiful in it.
Back to top Go down
Brandyfan1

PostSubject: Re: What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!)   What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:02 pm

She should have kept it with her in my opinion. I thought she looked very cute in it.
What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!) 25
Back to top Go down
weatheridaho

weatheridaho

PostSubject: Re: What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!)   What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:22 pm

I was nervous to first watch this episode when I saw the previews for it. I was thinking Disney would get too carried away. After seeing it though, I like how the humor was played out instead of turning adult based like I thought when I first saw the previews.

I've seen some shows when it looked really funny, but then there would be an episode where they change the character and make her all sexy and mean looking like that. I'm glad this didn't happen on this show.
Back to top Go down
http://pacificnwweather.com
BrandyHarrington1

PostSubject: Re: What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!)   What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 11:05 am

It was too funny that Gaspar's friendship with Brandy was just a big trick. I would have wanted to see that outfit complete like Brandy wanted. I bet she would look really cute in it.
Back to top Go down
Brandyfan1

PostSubject: Re: What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!)   What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:12 am

BrandyHarrington1 wrote:
It was too funny that Gaspar's friendship with Brandy was just a big trick. I would have wanted to see that outfit complete like Brandy wanted. I bet she would look really cute in it.
It would have been interesting to see what the complete outfit looked like. I guess we'll never know.
Back to top Go down
Brandy

Brandy

PostSubject: Re: What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!)   What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 1:19 pm

Now this was one interesting episode! Probably if it weren't for the dress, Brandy would have never agreed to pretend to be Gaspar's girl friend. I noticed when the "mother" wasn't looking, Brandy would get Gaspar back. The ending is interesting too. Gaspar's "mother" which actually isn't really his mother falls into probably as many as 6 life threatening situtations.

Brandy had the prefect the plan to get Gaspar back, but as usual Whiskers ruined it. Brandy even kissed him to get his mind off of it, but got to be too much her. This is my favorite scene when it's payback time!
What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!) A
You teach him what for Brandy! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!)   What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Price Dignity?! (Cheap!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BaMW :: Episodes-
Jump to: