BaMW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BaMW

Forum for all Brandy & Mr.Whiskers fans!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Second Season

Go down 
+2
Admin
Dominus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dominus

The Second Season Empty
PostSubject: The Second Season   The Second Season Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 2:40 am

I used to edit the Brandy & Mr. Whiskers guide over at TV.com, though I had left it a long time ago. However, I saw this forum and I thought I should register and make a topic or two.

Am I the only one who was upset with how the second season was handled? In the first season, Brandy was struggling to deal with the basic nature of the Amazon, though in the second season, everything was modernized. In the first season, Brandy had to teach the characters what a mall was, and introduce the concept of money, though in the second season, both money and a mall had apparently already existed. In the first season, Brandy tried to do what she could to find entertainment, though in the second season, there were so many modern amusement facilities. It just took away some of the first season’s importance, and it didn’t really match up in any sense of continuity.

The second season had some of my favorite episodes in the series (Loathe Triangle, What Price Dignity) but I still believe that the series made some sort of mistake in changing the formula so drastically in the second season.

What are your thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

The Second Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Season   The Second Season Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 10:30 am

I do agree with you!
The second season was much more modern, and it confused me alot.
But one reason is probably that DC were out of ideas..
And the series wasn't so popular so maybe they just made something up so they could end the series and cancel? o.o

Loathe Triangle is my favourite episode as well!
Back to top Go down
https://bamw.forumotion.com
Dominus

The Second Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Season   The Second Season Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 1:54 pm

I did like how Brandy & Mr. Whiskers got along much better in the second season. Brandy actually defended Mr. Whiskers from insults on several occasions, and more willingly spent time with him. I like their relationship; they may be completely different, but Mr. Whiskers actually got Brandy to reveal her true self, and she’s not that bad a person when you get down to her true personality.

If I had one other complaint, however, it would be how Brandy stopped trying to get home. Perhaps she merely resigned herself to her fate and decided to live in the Amazon forever, but they never addressed that situation. Most of the first season’s episodes were about Brandy trying to get home, though none of the second season’s episodes had that plot. I also hate how the series was cancelled before Brandy got home, though I guess that left a lot of room open for fan-fiction writers.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

The Second Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Season   The Second Season Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 2:06 pm

..Though I'm kinda happy that she stayed in Amazonas... xP
I've been thinking a lot about that IF she came home, she would probably see that she had much more fun time in Amazonas?
Also there has been these rumors about a movie 2007, but I think that if she would return home in it, she would probably bring Whiskers with her.

I make fanfics and doujinshis of Bamw myself too... So if she suddenly returned home in a movie I would probably cancel my whole work XD
Back to top Go down
https://bamw.forumotion.com
Dominus

The Second Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Season   The Second Season Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 4:46 pm

Unfortunately, I think the rumor was fake. However, I agree with you. During her time in the Amazon, Brandy did a lot of soul searching, and since she now knows she’s adopted, I’m not so sure she would feel comfortable going back to her old lifestyle. I do think Brandy would like to go on a search to find her biological parents, though; I think that would be an interesting plot for a movie or a story of sorts.
Back to top Go down
RicMadness

The Second Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Season   The Second Season Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 7:36 pm

Her finding out she was adopted and a mix breed may had something to do with it. Knowing that now, she'd be too self-conscious around her pure breed friends to stay.

Or maybe she didn't have what she could really consider as friends back at home. Everybody she knew probably was snobbish in which developed the persona she displayed at the series' beginning. Itty Bitty Kitty could have been a big target of embarassment there as it started out as when Whiskers found it, amongst other things.

Perhaps there's a secret she left back at home, even. One that, at first, she was confident in concealing, but did some thought, and would much rather tough it out in the jungle. Far-fetched, but a possible twist.

Then there's the growing fondness to all her jungle friends. Being as close as she has been to them for so long, I would find it hard myself to leave.

And maybe the Amazon gives her new territory to conquer in the sense of fashion and social status (a challenge she easily overcame back in Florida).

Another idea is that she could had started losing her barings to some degree. Felt it was futile after all the previous attempts. That, or just dishearted after that one dog came then got rescued from the jungle that was from a richer family.

A lot of speculation, but possible reasons, nonetheless. Still, an explaination should've been given sometime in the second season. Could had made for a great full-length episode special or movie as somebody already mentioned.

A good time, I think, would've been during her monologue in "Rip Van Whiskers", at the very least. Could've gave reason behind the sudden shift of behavior in the last season and maybe spiked enough interest to kick off another season (hopeful thoughts).

Either way, the modernizing did come about pretty quickly. If it was played out that Brandy had a hand in it all coming about, then I could see that. But when Lola mentioned that the shopping mall was there all along but they didn't tell them, that kinda screwed with things. I agree with what was said about the writers at a lose for ideas.

I personally am tolerate of it, and would love for an extension to the series by having another go or a movie to top things off. They could do like they did with Kim Possible with renewing the series having a noticible growing development with a relationship between Whiskers and Brandy stemming off from that kiss.

(Eh. I'm feeling bad for the pass couple of hours. Might be a combo of caffeine crash and dreading going back to school tomorrow. Need to work out a schedule to draw and write. x.X;)

(Anyways, if I strayed from the topic, that's why. ^^Wink
Back to top Go down
http://committedtalent.deviantart.com/
Dominus

The Second Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Season   The Second Season Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 1:28 pm

You made some valid points; I don’t have much of a reply, but I wanted to acknowledge that I read your post, and found it to be very thought provoking.
Back to top Go down
800Yoshi

800Yoshi

The Second Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Season   The Second Season Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 5:50 pm

I liked how they changed it in the second season, but that's just my opinion! lol.
Back to top Go down
ApacheMan2K

The Second Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Season   The Second Season Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 12:05 am

Dominus wrote:

If I had one other complaint, however, it would be how Brandy stopped trying to get home. Perhaps she merely resigned herself to her fate and decided to live in the Amazon forever, but they never addressed that situation. Most of the first season’s episodes were about Brandy trying to get home, though none of the second season’s episodes had that plot. I also hate how the series was cancelled before Brandy got home, though I guess that left a lot of room open for fan-fiction writers.

i've felt the same way, which is partly why i've had an idea for a story that would feature Brandy and Mr. Whiskers (to add to the surrealness of this EarthBound-esque idea). but, that'll be on a different topic, just to avoid getting off this one. ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://apacheman2k.deviantart.com
Brandy

Brandy

The Second Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Season   The Second Season Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 12:11 pm

I actually liked the second season quite a bit. The only thing I don't like is they answer the question whether or not Brandy makes it home. If they were to have made just one more episode and had Brandy returning home, then that would be a good finish to the series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Second Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Season   The Second Season Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Second Season
Page 1 of 1