BaMW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BaMW

Forum for all Brandy & Mr.Whiskers fans!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Old Review

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dominus

My Old Review Empty
PostSubject: My Old Review   My Old Review Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 3:03 pm

Foreword: I wrote this review a long time ago, so it may ultimately have some errors that I am no longer aware of.

Brandy & Mr. Whiskers is one of the best cartoons that I’ve seen in recent years and I believe that nearly everything about this series was perfect. I loved the way the plots in most of the episodes were handled and I feel that the writing and animation style really helped to ensure the series’ quality. The voice acting is also marvelous; I believe that all of these factors work together in such a brilliant fashion that it really permits this series to be one of the best animated programs that I’ve ever seen. I know that this series is severely underappreciated and I am quite upset with how some individuals bash the series, though I know that this series isn’t perfect and some people are justified in their discontent with the series, though I personally love watching this series.

Brandy Harrington is my favorite character in the series and I personally believe that she really permitted me to enjoy watching the series as much as I did. While I know that she is selfish and shallow, I believe that such characteristics really permit her character to excel and she has proven to be a dedicated friend at several instances throughout the series. While I know some individuals claim her character hasn’t developed that much throughout the series, I believe that the content of Brandy’s character has improved, though old habits die hard and I know that she’ll likely be just as selfish and shallow in future episodes, though I would welcome such as that is one of her character’s more interesting traits. Kaley Cuoco does a brilliant job providing the voice of Brandy’s character and I am really impressed with the level of finesse that she put into capturing the essence of Brandy’s character; I believe she captures the emotion of the moment in the voice she provides and everything really works together to ensure Brandy is one of the best characters in the entire series. I know that I would like to see some improvements with some things, though with everything considered, Brandy Harrington is definitely one of the main reasons I love the series so much.

Mr. Whiskers is also a great character and I believe he permits the series to find a sense of balance. The fact that Charlie Adler provided his voice works extremely well because Charlie Adler is an icon in the voice acting field and I believe that he helps make Mr. Whiskers an entertaining character. I know that some people dislike the voice he uses for Mr. Whiskers, but that voice is similar to ones that Charlie Adler has used in past cartoons, so I feel it suited the purpose quite well. Mr. Whiskers is a great friend to Brandy and while I would personally like for him to do less gross things, as such could really alienate potential fans, I would still believe that he is a valuable asset to the series and I believe the contrast between him and Brandy is quite entertaining. All in all, I feel that both Brandy and Mr. Whiskers are great title characters for the series and I’ve relatively enjoyed their performances throughout he series.

There are many other side characters that are excellent as well. Lola Boa is a wonderful character and I really believe Alanna Ubach does an excellent job providing her voice, though I would like to see more episodes where she actually has a better role. Lola Boa is the voice of reason in the Amazon and I really believe she helps provide some insight in regards to some things, though her desire to have hands always provides some excellent comic relief. Ed is another fabulous character and I believe that his short quips in the script really permit most episodes to gain an improve comedic factor, though details about Ed are quite slim, though he did have one episode based on him during the first season, so I feel he really helped ensure the quality of the series in the long run. Gaspar Le Gecko is an excellent villain and I really believe he is one of the more interesting Disney villains in recent times. I really enjoy the way André Sogliuzzo provides his voice and I believe the episodes that involve Gaspar are typically some of the more entertaining episodes in the series. Cheryl and Meryl are also entertaining with their fights, though their involvement in the series has been limited so far, so I’m hoping they’ll get an episode based on them sometime in the series’ future.

The location of the series in the Amazon rainforest really permits the series to have a lot of potential in how they handle the plots. There is such a wide array of events that could take place in the Amazon, though the series tries not to lose focus of the central plot, which is in regards to Brandy trying to find her way back to her home in Florida. I know that the formula for these episodes is cliché since Mr. Whiskers typically messes up Brandy’s plans whenever she finds a way to get home, though I believe this formula really helps ensure the overall quality of the series. The environment also permits many different animals to appear in various episodes, so that’s another merit that the series has, as it can easily introduce a new character for a specific episode, though most one-time characters haven’t returned. Still, I really believe selecting the Amazon rainforest as the setting for this series was an excellent decision, so I’m quite impressed with how that was handled.

The animation style used in this series is similar to other shows, though it’s not quite the same as well. I disliked some of the animation style used in other Disney programs, such as Disney’s Teacher’s Pet, though this series’ animation style seems to have evolved from that program’s style, though it did such in an excellent fashion. I absolutely adore this series’ animation style and I believe it helps make the characters look so appealing and so forth. I know some people detest the animation style, but I honestly haven’t seen any flaws, though I will admit that some of the human characters could look somewhat better, though such flaws cannot really be helped. The animation style is certainly one of the key factors that have helped me enjoy watching this series as much as I have, so I really believe they did an excellent job in that department.

With all things considered, Brandy & Mr. Whiskers is certainly my favorite program on television at the moment and I really believe that this is one of Disney’s finest moments in recent times. I cannot stress how superb this series is: the writing is top-notch, the animation style is magnificent, the voice acting is brilliant and I really believe this series does everything as perfect as possible. I know that the series has a few flaws and there were a few episodes that I feel were really disappointing in the grand scheme of things, though every series has its fair share of flaws, so Brandy & Mr. Whiskers is as perfect as a series can possibly be. I know that this is a children’s program and that some older individuals may not enjoy this series as much as I have, despite the fact that I am an older individual, though I would still encourage all fans of animation to at least try watching this series to see if they do enjoy watching it as much as I have. Brandy & Mr. Whiskers is certainly my new best friend in regards to television and I will continue to enjoy watching this fabulous series as long as I can; I cannot stress how much I enjoyed watching this series and despite what some people may say about it, I feel Brandy & Mr. Whiskers is definitely one of the best programs on television.
Back to top Go down
800Yoshi

800Yoshi

My Old Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Old Review   My Old Review Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 5:36 pm

YES!! By far Brandy & Mr. Whiskers is the best cartoon Ever!! I personally think it's the best SHOW EVER!!

They better make more seasons!!
Back to top Go down
Seba_PL

My Old Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Old Review   My Old Review Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 1:56 am

Yeah ! This is a cool cartoon, but I don't understand why the most people thinks this is a one of worse cartoon and lose of Disney. I think it's a very good cartoon in world when cartoons with pain rules.
However, Brandy in some time shows a bad example
Back to top Go down
weatheridaho

weatheridaho

My Old Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Old Review   My Old Review Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 12:48 pm

This was the only show that had me even watching the Disney Channel. I want them to bring it back so bad.
Back to top Go down
http://pacificnwweather.com
Brandy

Brandy

My Old Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Old Review   My Old Review Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 11:52 am

I would be interested to see what your new review would say since you wrote that one before the second season came out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Old Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Old Review   My Old Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Old Review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BaMW :: Brandy & Mr.Whiskers-
Jump to: